Step 1 - Research!
- Treasury makers, in addition to selecting great looking items, look for items that will get their treasury to the front page of etsy. They do this by finding out what is trending, by selecting items that Etsy suggests in their marketing news. (click HERE to see the May edition)
Step 2 - Tagging
- Tags - I am not talking about treasury tags, I am talking about shop tags. If I have an item that fits into something I know is hot for treasury makers, I need to tag my item as such.
- Treasury makers love making treasuries around holidays. If you have an item that isn't specifically Father's Day, but is masculine and would look great in a treasury be sure to tag it with words like "Father's Day", "Father Gift", "Masculine", "Dad", etc.
- Treasury makers love to reciprocate when they are included in a treasury you make. The more treasuries you curate, the more treasuries your shop will be featured in.
- Use craftcult (link HERE) to see which etsy users have multiple front page treasuries. See if you can use something from their shop in a treasury you create. They are more likely to reciprocate when they make their next treasury.
- Take a look at your avatar. If you are commenting on lots of treasuries, your avatar should show a product from your shop. People looking at the treasury will be more curious if they see one of your products next to your name. There have been lots of times I have discovered a shop by reading someone's comment and seeing a cute product.
I would love to hear your tips on increasing shop sales using treasuries! Please comment and subscribe.